Who We Are
Golden Triangle Federal Credit Union originated in 1953. Since that time, Golden Triangle FCU has grown and prospered. GTFCU was formed by the employees of Atlantic Refinery and Pipeline Company. The original name of the credit union was Atlantic-Atreco Federal Credit Union. Now known as 'TOTAL' Refinery.
In 1985 our name was changed to Golden Triangle Federal Credit Union. At the same time, the field of membership was opened to companies outside of the refinery. (The Refinery name at that time was FINA)
Over the years, Golden Triangle FCU assisted 4 area credit unions with mergers. That included Livingston Credit Union and Port Arthur News Credit Union in 1985; U.S. Steel Credit Union in 1986; and St. Joseph's Federal Credit Union 1995.
In June of 2004, we were granted permission to serve the underserved of Groves & Port Arthur.
In June of 1967 the credit union purchased its first building located at 3700 E Parkway in Groves. Land was purchased at 5211 E Parkway in 1993 to construct a new 5000 square foot facility. The building was complete and a grand opening celebrated on International Credit Union Day in October of 1994.
Our mission is to be the primary financial institution of our member/owners by meeting or exceeding their needs.
The vision of Golden Triangle Federal Credit Union is to be the preferred financial institution for our members and our select employee groups.
We always place the best interests and welfare of our members first
We never compromise the financial strength and security of the organization
We conduct all activities with honesty and integrity
IMPORTANCE OF PEOPLE
We promote the well-being of our members, volunteers and employees
TOTAL Service with YOU in mind!